La Grotta Ravinia Ristorante Italiano
770-395-9925, or ext. 2530 from Crowne Plaza Hotel rooms
La Grotta is one of the oldest restaurant operations in the Atlanta area, opening its first location in 1978. It opened this Dunwoody location at Ravinia in 1993 and operates a second in Buckhead at 2637 Peachtree Road.
La Grotta Ravinia is located in the lower level of the Crowne Plaza Hotel Atlanta Perimeter. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer the 175-seat dining room a tree-filled view onto the wooded park and fountains behind the hotel. Head chef Michael Connolly is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America in New York. The restaurant serves traditional dishes from northern Italy, including steak, veal, pasta, seafood and a daily chef's choice risotto. Entrees cost between $16 and $35, with the majority costing less than $25. For all pasta dishes, the kitchen can substitute whole wheat linguine for regular pasta.
Reservations can be made on opentable.com or by phone. Gowaiter.com also provides delivery service from La Grotta in the Dunwoody area. Private dining rooms are available for reserved parties.
- Fax: 770-395-0607
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 5:30pm - 10pm; Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Elevator from hotel lobby
- Founding Date: 1993
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Low calorie, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: lagrottaatlanta.com/PerimeterMenus.htm
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, Valet
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Signature dishes: Any pasta and veal dish, such as the Ravioli di Vitello con Salsa di Vodka e Pomodori or Scallopine di Vitello con Carciofi.
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Suggested
- Executive chef: Michael Connolly
- Number of tables: 40
- Features: Banquets, Buffet, Dinner, Private Parties, View
- Atmosphere: Elegant, Fine dining, Romantic
- Dress code: Business casual, no baseball caps