Welcome to "Five Things You Need to Know for the Weekend," a Dunwoody Patch column that sifts through the long list of events competing for your time to offer our pick of five things worth doing with your time off.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any tips for this weekly feature, we'll try to get your events and announcements on our page and, hopefully, into this column.
1. It’s homecoming at DHS. The at 7:30 p.m. at North DeKalb Stadium. The theme for homecoming week has been ‘Lights, Camera, Wildcats.’ The pep rally begins Friday at around 2:20 p.m. The homecoming court will be introduced at halftime, along with the crowning of the king and queen.
2. Walk to fight Breast Cancer. Paint Georgia Pink is presenting Saturday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Walks include a 1 day walk, a 12-mile walk, a six mile walk and a three mile walk. Registration is $50 and walk up registrations are welcome. The start and finish is at .
3. Or run for kids. a 5k race and one mile fun run Saturday morning at . Participants in the 1-mile are asked to raise $10 and participants in the 5k are asked to raise $25. Registration starts at 6:45 a.m. The 5k starts at 7:30 a.m. and the 1-mile starts at 8:30 a.m.
4. Go see Annie Get Your Gun. The Thursday at 7:30 p.m., Saturday night at 9 p.m. and Sunday at 1:30 p.m. Tickets range from $15 to $22.
5. Rev up your engines. The Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the . Anyone interested in displaying their car is welcome.