From the City of Dunwoody Police Department:
The Dunwoody Police Department routinely receives complaints about speeding motorists. We take these complaints seriously. Our goal is for all motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists to be able to travel throughout the City of Dunwoody safely. One of the tools we use to help combat the speeding problem is a Speed Monitoring Trailer.
The Speed Monitoring Trailer is a portable device which measures the speed of cars as they approach and flashes the driver's speed as they pass the trailer. The trailer utilizes a computer which collects data that can be analyzed to identify the severity of the speeding problem and the worst times for speeding. This helps the department deploy limited resources more efficiently.
Residents who would like the speed monitoring trailer placed in their neighborhood are invited to use our ONLINE SPEED TRAILER REQUEST FORM to notify us. Due to the high volume of requests for the speed monitoring trailer, placements will occur in the order in which requests are received.
Archive of Speed Trailer Results2013 Speed Trailer Results
- 12-17-13 Womack Rd (EB) at Tilly Mill Rd.
- 10-21-13 Coronation Dr. (EB) at Coronation Ct.
- 10-06-13 Vermack Rd. SB at Chamblee Dunwoody Rd.
- 10-04-13 Forest Springs Dr. (NB) @ Trowbridge Dr.
- 09-30-13 N. Springs Dr @ Chadwell Ln.
- 09-19-13 Womack Rd at Wickford Way
- 09-03-13 Brookhurst Dr. @ N. Peachtree Rd.
- 08-27-13 Stonington Dr. @ Stonington Cir.
- 08-20-13 Brendon Dr. @ Seaton Dr. (Kinglsy Elem)
- 08-12-13 Leisure Dr. SB @ Leisure Ln.