Five Things to Do This Weekend is a weekly feature of events in and around Dunwoody. We look at all the goings on competing for your time and sift through them to find the best ones. Enjoy!
1. Dunwoody's annual beer festival is behind us but - good news - Brookhaven's is this weekend. The Brookhaven Beer Fest is from 3 to 8 p.m. and will be behind the Brookhaven MARTA Station on Apple Valley Road. Organizers say there are 150 beers this year and an expanded event ground with lots of shade. Patch readers can also get a $5 discount on $35 advance tickets ordered online.
2. The Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area is opening its gates for free Saturday. Just in time to catch the Back to the Chattahoochee River race, which runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The race ends at Riverside Park in Roswell where's there's an end-of-the-race festival planned.
3. Rather not race on the river, but would rather hear live music? Ray's On The River in Sandy Springs will host jazz and blues musicians on it's event lawn near the river. John Liebaman, Scott Glazer and Joe Alterman are on the music lineup.
4. at Dunwoody's Petsmart on Saturday and Sunday.
5. is this weekend. Local artists, artisans and craft makers will be on the gallery's lawn from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.