Welcome to "Five Things You Need to Know for the Weekend," a Dunwoody Patch column that sifts through the long list of events competing for your time to offer our pick of five things worth doing with your time off.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any tips for this weekly feature, we'll try to get your events and announcements on our page and, hopefully, into this column.
1. Memorialize those who perished on Sept. 11, 2001, in the . , the 26-story climb will benefit the Georgia Firefighters Burn Foundation. The event begins at 8 a.m. at the Manhattan building, 4561 Olde Perimeter Way. (H)
2. Cheer on the Wildcats. The Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. Hallford Stadium is at 3789 Memorial College Ave in Clarkston.
3. Imagination is on display at the . The features the work of students ages 5 to 17 who have taken Spruill Youth Art Programs. Materials include painting, drawing, collage, ceramics, sculpture, photography and decorative arts. The center is open from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
4. Wash the car, support the band. The from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at .
5. Be ready for some football. UGA will open Sanford Stadium for the season against South Carolina Saturday at 4:30 p.m. on ESPN. Georgia Tech heads to Middle Tennessee State University 7 p.m. Saturday. The game will be on CSS as well as ESPN3.com. The NFL starts up Sunday afternoon football, with the Falcons taking on the Bears starting at 1 p.m. on WAGA Fox 5.