Originally posted by Hunt Archbold
The Symphony in Your Neighborhood partnership between the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and the DeKalb County Public Library (DCPL) will bring free chamber music performances by Atlanta Symphony musicians to several library branches throughout DeKalb County and the Clarkston Community Center during the Orchestra’s 2013-14 season.
The casual, hour-long concerts will provide audience members with the opportunity to learn about the music being performed as well as interact with ASO musicians. The program will be presented in Spanish at the Chamblee Library, which serves a community with many Spanish speakers.
“We are very proud to partner with the DeKalb County Public Library, as we share a goal of enriching lives and communities through collaborative programming,” said ASO Manager of Community Programs Ahmad Mayes in a press release.
“The Library is particularly pleased about offering this wonderful series of musical programs to families at our branches,” added Library Director Alison Weissinger in the release. “We believe our patrons also will be pleased about the opportunity to hear members of the ASO perform in their own neighborhoods.”
Through this new partnership, DCPL cardholders will also have access to exclusive ticket offers for Atlanta Symphony concerts.
Symphony in Your Neighborhood is one of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra’s many community engagement initiatives, which reach more than 17,000 community members annually. For more information, visitaso.org/community.
- Wesley Chapel-William C. Brown Library Monday, December 9, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- Tucker-Reid H. Cofer Library Saturday, January 11, 2014 at 1:00 p.m.
- Chamblee Library (presented in Spanish) Saturday, February 15, 2014 at 1:00 p.m.
- Decatur Library Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
- Clarkston Community Center Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 1:00 p.m.
- Stonecrest Library Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
* Concert dates and times subject to change.