1. If you are celebrating Christmas, Hannukah or just taking some time off for the holiday weekend, spend some quality time with your family. Relax (if possible). Eat. And Enjoy yourself.
2. Christmas Day, go see a movie. Regal Cinema will be showing several year-end blockbusters, including War Horse, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Mission Impossible.
3. Check out OpenTable.com to find reservations at local restaurants Saturday and Sunday. and are both open.
will be open Sunday for dinner only, which starts at 4:30 p.m. , which serves Indian fare, is open both for lunch and dinner. Lunch is open from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and dinner from 5 to 10 p.m.
4. Get that last minute shopping done. is open 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. The Perimeter Mall is open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
5. Give books to the troops with Operation Paperback. Sunday, The ’s Teen Community Service Program will be sorting, packing and writing letters to the troops from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Zaban Park at the MJCCA. The event is free and open to the community. Operation Paperback sends gently used paperback books to troops stationed overseas as well as military and veteran hospitals in the US.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any tips for this weekly feature, we'll try to get your events and announcements on our page and, hopefully, into this column.