Welcome to "Five Things To Do Weekend," a Dunwoody Patch column that sifts through the long list of events competing for your time to offer our pick of five things worth doing with your time off. Notice of future events can be sent to email@example.com.
1. Go for a run. is on this Saturday at the campus in Dunwoody. Put on by the college’s Spanish Club, the race raises money for Bert’s Big Adventure, which is a nonprofit organization that raises money for chronically ill children and their families to visit Disney World. The events starts at 8:30 a.m. You can register for $25. There’s a 1-mile fun run for kids that starts at 8 a.m.
2. Start an herb garden. The Dunwoody Community Garden for the second time Saturday and Sunday. The garden will offer vegetables, herbs, flowers and more. The event is held at and is the organization’s only fundraiser of the year. The sale starts at 10 a.m. and ends at 5 p.m. eaxh day.
3. Take your kids to play a round of Quidditch. A for preschool- and elementary-aged kids will be held Saturday at Brook Run Park. The event is put on by Dunwoody High School’s Harry Potter Alliance Chapter and raises money for nonprofit organizations. The carnival will have games from the children’s fantasy novels, namely Quidditch. There will also be carnival games and a D.J. The carnival is from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
4. Play some blackjack. For charity. will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Dunwoody Country Club. The event raises money to help Dunwoody High School buy nice-to-have-items through its alumni organization. For instance, organizers want to buy a baby grand piano for the school's performing arts center. The evening includes dinner, dancing and casino games, door prizes and live auction. Tickets are $100.
5. It's Second Saturday. is market for the first time this year from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. The marketplace will feature a diverse group of work from local artisans on the lawn of the historic farmhouse. Each month until the fall closing of the event will feature new and returning artists selling handcrafted items.