10-year-old Dunwoody Boy Dies, Apparently Playing 'Choking Game'

Parents spread message of warning about the dangerous strangulation game

A 10-year-old Dunwoody boy died last week, apparently while playing ‘the choking game,’ a dangerous strangulation technique sometimes done to induce a euphoric feeling or until the person passes out.

Henderson Wang, 10, of Dunwoody, died Wednesday. 

Wang was a student at Kingsley Elementary School and an athlete in the Murphey Candler baseball programs.

The DeKalb Medical Examiner's office declined to release the cause of death Tuesday morning, pending further test results. However, a message sent out by local blog the AHA! Connection, said his parents, Henry and Maggie Wang, asked that in Henderson's memory, that information and a warning be sent out to other parents about the choking game.

Organizations that focus on educating parents about the choking game say many kids take part to get a temporary high or sense of euphoria.

The blog sent out the following link: http://www.gaspinfo.com/en/home.html, which has a video about the choking game. Warning: the video is graphic and disturbing.

A private funeral was Sunday. An online memorial can be found on the Fischer Funeral Care website.

jo mison May 17, 2011 at 08:55 PM
my deepest sympathy to the Wang family, i lost my 13 yr old son Tyler to the choking game here in the UK on 6th sept 09. I shall fight along side every family world wide to put an end to this lethal game.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »