Whether your favorite exercise is walking, running, cycling, swimming or something more exotic, you probably have a favorite place to go when you need to gear up.
Last week, we asked readers to tell us about their favorite local sporting goods store.
Today, we round up the answers:
- In Buckhead, West Stride pulled ahead and ran strong to the finish line. The popular running store on Northside Parkway received 46 percent of the votes to take the Readers Choice prize.
- In Midtown, Phidippides sprinted to an easy win, finishing with 77 percent of the vote.
- Sandy Springs readers unanimously voted for Sports Authority.
- It was a close race in the Smyrna-Vinings area, where Atlanta Cycling was the winner by three votes, narrowly beating Jonquil Sporting Goods.
- Cascade Patch readers chose Keller's Sporting Goods as the Southwest Atlanta community's top sporting goods retailer.
- Readers of Virginia Highland-Druid Hills Patch voted for Atlanta Activewear as their favorite. The popular active wear shop in the heart of Virginia-Highland edged out Atlanta Cycling for the crown.
- Big Peach Running Co. is Brookhaven's favorite place for sports equipment.
- Fleet Feet Sports won Decatur Patch's latest Readers' Choice Poll for running shoe stores.
- Dunwoody Patch readers named REI the best sporting goods store in town. And readers in the North Druid Hills-Briarcliff area tapped their community’s outpost of REI as well.
Join us again Monday when we’ll ask for your thoughts on the best places to grab a late night bite in your community.