Local Options A Plenty for New Year's Eve Celebrating
Headed out for New Year's Eve? If you are, you don't need to travel far from Dunwoody. There will be plenty of places around the Perimeter Mall bumping with parties and celebrations.
Friday night will see party-goers out in full fashion to celebrate the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011. While many will start out the night with dinner among friends and loved ones, some will still brave the crowds and stay out until the calendar turns and the wee hours of the next morning. In Dunwoody, there is no shortage of places to celebrate. In true New Year's fashion, here's a sampling of what's happening not too far from home.
10. Twisted Taco, located at 4505 Ashford-Dunwoody Rd., will be spinning the tunes of DJ KC. There's no cover charge before 10 p.m. (afterwards it's $10) and there will be a free champagne toast at midnight.
9. Local pub The Dunwoody Tavern will be hosting the band The Bad Neighbors, whom a spokeswoman said had "a huge local following." Admission is free, they'll be open until 2 a.m. and there will be a champagne toast at midnight.
8. The Crowne Plaza Atlanta Ravinia, located at 4355 Ashford-Dunwoody Rd., will be alive with urban professionals at the NYE in the ATL party, featuring Video-DJ Lonnie Luv Gritz & Jelly Butter Performing live. Tickets and hotel packages start at $75. Visit http://nyeintheatl.com for more information.
7. The recently opened British-style pub Firkin and Gryphon, located at 4764 Ashford-Dunwoody Rd., will be staying open until 2 a.m. and will be offering various beer, wine and cocktail specials throughout the duration of the night. They'll also offer live music, disco lights, a midnight countdown and a full party-like atmosphere. Admission is complimentary.
6. If you're a drinker of the grapes and wine is your beverage of choice, head to D'Vine Wine Bar & Shop. They'll be serving a beef tenderloin special for $30 and offering discounts on various bottles and wines by the glass throughout the evening. Reservations are still available and recommended.
5. Perhaps you're headed to a movie on New Year's Eve. If that's the case, then afterwards pop in for the nightcap at The Royal Oak Pub, just a few doors down from the Regal 10 Stadium Cinemas. Admission is free. They'll be playing the music of a local DJ until 1 a.m. and will offer a complimentary champagne toast at midnight.
4. For fun, food and tapas, visit Eclipse Di Luna. The celebration begins at 9 p.m., and for $65 that includes all you can eat, unlimited sangria, live music, dancing, party favors ,a champagne toast at midnight and lots more dancing.
3. As always with New Year's Eve, travel safely and soundly and plan to leave for events early because lots of people will be out on the roads doing exactly the same thing as you.
2. Don't drink and drive!
1. Have fun and party like it's 1999. Ok, that's Prince song, but you get the idea. Happy New Year! Celebrate 2011's arrival locally and in style.