Dunwoody Valentine's-Related Events Guide
Looking for something to do this Valentine's day or the weekend before? Check out these local events.
Looking for local Valentine’s Day-related events around town? Check out these local events and businesses that will help you show the love during the next week.
Go out on the town:
• The Marcus Jewish Community Center’s Company J is putting on the show The Boychick Affair about a “Bar Mitzvah that puts the funk in dysfunctional.” The audience members mingle, eat, sing, and dance with the rest of the “guests,” and enjoy a Bar Mitzvah meal – including dessert – all included in the price of admission. Adults $35.00; 12 and under $25.00. Discounts for MJCCA Members and Group rates available. Shows are on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
• The Stage Door Players are paying tribute to Old Blue Eyes with the musical ‘My Way, a Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra.’ The musical revue pays tribute to Old Blue Eyes, and almost 50 years of his music, including ‘Strangers in the Night,’ The Lady is a Tramp,’ ‘New York, New York,’ ‘That’s Life’ and ‘Young at Heart.’ The production is put on by a cast of four. General admission prices are: Adult $26; Senior $24; Student $22; Preview $15; Children (under 12) $12. There are shows Thursday through Sunday.
• Watch students at Dunwoody High School put on a variety show, Dunwoody Nite Live, Thursday night at the high school auditorium. Seating is limited (there are 500 seats) and the event features 35 acts. Tickets are $5.
• Take in movies at the Atlanta Jewish Film Festival at the Lefont Theatres in Sandy Springs. Founded in 2000, the Atlanta Jewish Film Festival is the largest film festival to be held in Atlanta and the second largest Jewish film festival in the United States. A production of the Atlanta Chapter of American Jewish Committee, the festival will feature 70 narrative and documentary films - both feature length films and shorts.
Film screenings also include appearances by expert speakers including filmmakers, actors, authors and academics. General Admission $10; Seniors, Students (with ID), Children $9; Matinee $8.
• The Plantation South Dunwoody is hosting a special Valentine’s Day afternoon event, Sweet Desserts and Love Songs. Bring a friend and enjoy music by Bill Gleeson, desserts by Chef Chris Mancuso and tours will be available. The event is free and open to the public but please RSVP to attend.
• The Disney Store at the Perimeter Mall is holding a Valentine’s craft event Saturday at 10:30 a.m. The event is for children three years old and older. Kids will get to make Valentine’s cards for that special someone. The event is free.
• Miss Caitlin continues her reading series at Barnes and Noble Booksellers for children four to eight years old. Saturday morning, she’ll read Plant a Kiss by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds. The story is about Valentine’s day.
• Buy one-of-a-kind pieces of art at the Spruill Gallery. THE GOODs, a selection of smaller art works by big artists is open through the weekend from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The exhibit/sale is a fundraising event for the gallery. The opening reception will be Thursday night from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Get some flowers for your sweetheart. Dunwoody has several local florists who will be busy all week making up bouquets.
• Looking for a Valentine's Day gift? Check out the Perimeter Mall's gift guide.
Have an event you'd like to add to this list? Email email@example.com